Gretchen Digby Norwood most recently served as Director of Global Sustainability Programs for the Center for Energy Efficiency & Sustainability (CEES) at Ingersoll Rand. In this role, she focused on establishing world-class sustainability training programs as well as leading global engagement activities for the company’s more than 42,000 employees to further integrate sustainability into the company culture. Norwood managed the annual DJSI response process by creating a culture of ownership among the focus area champions across the enterprise. She has achieved great success and external recognition for her efforts establishing Global Volunteer Green Teams that hold events and activities to increase awareness of employees on actions leading to more sustainable workplaces, homes, and communities. Norwood focuses on raising employee competencies and measuring the value of sustainability through unique partnerships and outside-the-box approaches.
Gretchen joined Ingersoll Rand in 2001 as manager of safety and health engineering for the enterprise. She managed the global EHS compliance audit program for over 300 facilities. In addition, she facilitated regional EHS councils in North America, Europe, and Asia, coordinated the annual global EHS conferences and awards, and facilitated global training on various EHS topics. Prior to joining Ingersoll Rand, Gretchen worked for Capsule Environmental Engineering where she developed Ingersoll Rand’s corporate safety audit program. She began her career in manufacturing with Milliken & Company as Engineering Services Manager. Gretchen holds a bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering from North Carolina State University.
Norwood founded Future Partners, LLC to help companies build a culture of sustainability and protect our future.
Memberships and Certifications
• Design for Sustainability UL Gold Certificate Holder – 2013 – Present
• Certified Sustainability Manager (CSM) – 2011 – Present
• NAEM Board of Regents – 2013 to Present
• GRI Reporting Certified Course Completed – 2017, 2012
• ISSP Member – 2011 – Present
• NAEM Member – 2010 – Present
• ORC Worldwide OSH Group Steering Committee – 2008-2010
• ASSE Professional Member – 1992 – Present
• SWE Member – 1988 – Present
• OSHA Authorized Outreach Trainer – 1996-2006
• ISO 14001 Lead Auditor, R.A.B. – 1997-2003
• USAT Member – 2010-Present